Hellen

Hellen

Becoming a Behavioral Science Researcher: A Guide to Producing Research That Matters
Rex B. Kline
Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference
Cordelia Fine
The Craftsman
Richard Sennett
Brave New World
Aldous Huxley
The Pillars of the Earth  - Ken Follett After a slow and awkward start, an easy to read story about a master-builder and his family, a prior and his monks and a dethroned daughter of an earl in twelfth-century England.

Here and there parts of seemingly another book, probably called Pillars of the Cathedral seem copy-pasted in, which after a while doesn't add more to my admiration of cathedrals and cathedral builders and I started skipping them. Some characters develop well, some characters remain cardboard even after following them for decades.

The story dragged on in the end, I could've done without the whole King this, ex-King that and oh, we still have to make sure Tom's secret comes out in the end! thing.

It wasn't terrible, but I wasn't impressed with the writing, some scenes just felt very awkward and I just got tired of the switching between very good and very bad things happening time after time after time after time after... you get my point.