Hellen

Hellen

Becoming a Behavioral Science Researcher: A Guide to Producing Research That Matters
Rex B. Kline
Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference
Cordelia Fine
The Craftsman
Richard Sennett
Brave New World
Aldous Huxley
Lullaby - Chuck Palahniuk After reading 4 of Palahniuk's books (actually, probably after reading two) I've started to get the feeling I'm reading one of those books for children where there are blanks for where the names of the characters should be and where you can have the name of your nephew or niece of choice printed so it's as if the story is about them (including one of those covers with holes behind which you can place a picture of said nephew/niece). But actually, it's the same book as seven of their classmates already got for their birthdays with the same story and their names printed in it, and as soon as nephew/niece finds that out the present is a lot less special.

In Palahniuk's books, instead of just blanks for the names, there are a few more blanks. There's amongst others a blank for the main character's odd hobby and/or strange club that they're part of, a few blanks for some descriptions that make people feel uncomfortable, possibly involving genitals, losing body parts (fingers, nails, tip of the tongue) and at least some degree of pain, then a blank for some sort of sidekick and some blanks for odd/interesting observations on society. The text surrounding the blanks is written in the same short-sentenced sober style in every book.

I like the odd hobby's, I like the creative (let's call it creative) ideas in his novels, I like the odd/interesting observations and ideas, I like the atmosphere, but it feels like you're reading the same book with some different variables rotated in. It's a shame, because I would like to read a new book of this author.