Hellen

Hellen

Becoming a Behavioral Science Researcher: A Guide to Producing Research That Matters
Rex B. Kline
Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference
Cordelia Fine
The Craftsman
Richard Sennett
Brave New World
Aldous Huxley
We Need to Talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver I don't know.

While the book is well-written and I really liked some of Eva's maternity and critical thinking (even though she was, as the author described her, very hard to like), something just didn't feel right to me about the combination of the letter format, the on purpose "hard to like" characters and the choice for Kevin having to be a school shooter, of all crimes he could've committed.

I guess it has something to do with the whole school shooting thing. While fiction is not the first place where we should be looking for the why of school shootings and there has to be some 'artistic freedom' in exploring different kinds of reality, the nature vs nurture debate is still very alive in media. All the main characters give some interesting answers on the why during the course of the book Maybe I wasn't able to put my own answer out of my head entirely while reading the book.

Or maybe I just didn't like Kevin enough. Or maybe because I'm not sure if I dare to have children anymore. I don't know.