Hellen

Hellen

Becoming a Behavioral Science Researcher: A Guide to Producing Research That Matters
Rex B. Kline
Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference
Cordelia Fine
The Craftsman
Richard Sennett
Brave New World
Aldous Huxley
Silent Spring - Rachel Carson Very important book, but very... report-like. The writing isn't even bad, it's just the format. Chapter about birds. Birds have been dying here and here and here. Cause turns out to be pesticide. In this case it turned out to be this pesticide, in that case it was that pesticide. Chapter about rivers. Fishes and insects and birds have been dying here and here and here. Cause turns out to be pesticide. In this case it turned out to be this pesticide, in that case it was that pesticide. Chapter about trees. Trees have been dying here and here and here. Cause turns out to be pesticide. In this case it turned out to be this pesticide, in that case it was that pesticide. Etcetera.

It's all very neat and correct, all referenced. It just gets repetitive. I suppose it has been great to refer to because it's so complete, but to read it, it's just too much of the same. I suppose it illustrates how far the pesticide problem reaches, but it's a shame people stop reading halfway with the conclusion still to come. At least the message sticks.